Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Busy Days and Creative Moments

I'm still trying to get the tutorial made for the star ornament. The past week has been incredibly hectic, but in a good way. The musician who contributes our beautiful music to the Daily Prayer videos was in the area and we threw together a last-minute concert at Bethel UCC in Cahokia, Illinois. We loved it so much that I edited the concert and there are six pieces of it in our worship sanctuary this week instead of the usual weekly worship. If you get a chance, hop over to  Living Well of Bethel and check out Richard Bruxvoort Colligan and his PoMo renditions of the Psalms.
Also on the "why the tutorial isn't ready" list is the fact that my own personal video producer (wife) has been spending a lot of time at her two jobs (since she's the pastor of Living Well of Bethel and co-pastor of Bethel United Church of Christ-Cahokia)  and hasn't been able to set up the camera for me. In the mean time, I have a couple of #WIP pics to show you. I'm trying to design a beanie that is shaped with short rows at the crown. I'm doing a HCD and SC alternating rib stitch on it, so it's reversible, with one side having skinny ribs and one having fat ones.


I got a skein of yarn on clearance and am hoping that I don't run out before the hat is finished. It is not looking good at this point, though. This hat may end up having a wedge of a complimentary yarn, but remember as Bob Ross said, there are no mistakes, only happy accidents!

(I've made a bit more progress since these photos were taken)

What kind of WIPs do you have going? Are you gearing up for the holidays? I try to make all of my birthday and Christmas/Yule gifts but am a bit behind at this point. I really wish people would stop reminding me how close Christmas is!


It is my hope and prayer that you are finding time for peaceful reflection and time to be creative today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment