Search This Blog

Friday, September 26, 2014

Improvising; orThree Rows to Go and Out of Yarn

As predicted, I ran out of yarn with just three rows to go. I decided to try to use scraps of two of the fleck colors in the Vanna White yarn and went with red and orange. I am trying to decide whether to put a finished edge on it with a contrast color, with a bulkier gray yarn I have or let it go.



 I'm also thinking about embelishments. Buttons? maybe. Leather strap buckle? perhaps. Flower? um, no.

 The finished hat, using an Amour brand J hook and worsted weight yarn, is 22 inches at it circumference. That fits me really well, and I have a largish adult head. You could use a smaller hook to get a smaller hat.
 I've written the pattern and am now testing it for consistency. I got the idea for this hat from a cloche pattern that is in "It Girl Crochet".


 It's quite a bit different but after making it I decided to use the short row shaping to make a hat with vertical ribs throughout. What is your favorite crochet hat pattern or style?

No comments:

Post a Comment